Family Law: Modification of Custody

You may have reached an amicable custody arrangement for your children when you first divorced, but sometimes over time things change. Perhaps, one parent needs to relocate out-of-state, or maybe an ex is no longer providing a safe environment for your children.

When this is the case, you may need to modify your initial custody agreement. Before this can happen, however, you must first petition the court to do so. When both sides are in agreement, this is a fairly easy process. But if the other parent does not agree to modify custody, we must show the court something has changed and why the change demands a modification of the prior custody order.

We’re Ready to Fight for Your Rights

If your ex is challenging you for custody or you need to change the custody agreement you have in place, Speights Law can help. Contact us today at 770-575-8646 to schedule your consultation and let our experience work for you.

Representing Clients Throughout Metro Atlanta

Ball Ground



Holly Springs





Modify Custody