Best Criminal Attorney in Canton, Georgia
Looking for the Best Criminal Attorney in Canton, Georgia? Look No Further
Finding the right criminal attorney in Canton, Georgia can feel like an overwhelming task. After all, your freedom and future depend on securing the best legal defense available. You need an experienced defense attorney who understands the Georgia legal system, one with an impeccable track record for winning cases.
That criminal defense attorney is Archie Speights.
Because Experience Matters When it Comes to Criminal Defense
Archie Speights has years of experience representing defendants in Canton, Georgia. His understanding of Georgia law and the Cherokee County court system gives him an advantage few others can match.
Archie will work diligently to protect your rights and build you the strongest defense case. He is a skilled litigator with over two decades of experience fighting criminal charges for his clients.
An Expert in Legal Defense for Serious Felonies
Criminal charges for a serious felony present a serious and life-changing threat. Any legal defense misstep can mean years in prison, a future-altering criminal record and the loss of everything you have.
Archie Speights specializes in defending against serious felony charges, and he has successfully fought for clients before the highest courts in Georgia.
His proven track record includes hundreds of successful acquittals, dismissed charges, reduced felony charges, favorable plea bargains and reduced sentences.
Defending Clients Accused of the Most Serious Crimes
Being charged with a serious crime can feel like a paralyzing nightmare with no end in sight. Archie Speights understands the stress, fear and uncertainty involved and can bring you clarity and control throughout the whole harrowing process.
His unwavering belief in the rights of the accused and in the freedoms enshrined in our constitution – and Georgia law – guides his commitment to your legal defense. With Archie by your side, you will get the best legal advice, the best pre-trial negotiations and the best criminal defense in court.
Not Afraid of the Toughest Criminal Cases
Many criminal defense firms seem to just want to find the quickest and easiest resolution, and many won’t even touch the most difficult or taboo cases.
That’s not an issue with Archie Speights. He has proven defense experience in all types of serious crimes cases, including:
- Violent Crimes such as murder, manslaughter and armed robbery.
- Sex Crimes such as lewd acts, indecent exposure, prostitution, pandering, solicitation, child molestation, sexual battery and rape.
- Aggravated Assault including acts both with and without a weapon, acts against public servants, and assaults classified as hate crimes.
- Drug Crimes such as possession, distribution, manufacturing, importation/smuggling, trafficking and other serious crimes involving controlled substances.
- Domestic Violence including cases involving assault, sexual assault, molestation, stalking, threats, intimidation, harassment and custodial interference.
- DUI including serious or complicated cases and repeat offenses.
Taking Criminal Defense – and Your Freedom – Seriously
Archie Speights and the Speights Law team take their duty to their clients – all their clients – very seriously.
They understand that serious felony charges can have a serious impact, both on the accused and on the family and community of the person charged.
Phoning it in simply isn’t an option – our legal system depends on every citizen’s right to the best defense.
Archie is a tough-as-nails criminal defender who won’t shy away from a difficult fight. He also won’t stop until he has found a winning strategy, no matter how serious the charges.
How to Choose the Right Criminal Law Firm and Pick the Best Criminal Defense Attorney
The giant law firms you see in TV ads and on buses like to promise you the best resolution for your case. But the fact is, these – usually national chains, and not local – law firms often:
- Focus more on simpler, easy cases, since real court battles can be much less lucrative.
- Prefer to settle for plea bargains because they are much easier.
- Don’t have as much experience with serious crimes.
- Refuse to take on cases involving the most serious charges.
- Don’t have much experience with the local courts.
- Don’t take a personal interest in your case, or care about their reputation for helping individual clients.
Choose a Local, Canton-Based Criminal Defense Team
In contrast, a local Georgia law firm is a part of the community and more likely to have the on-the-ground experience that is crucial for your criminal case.
When you choose highly respected, Canton-based Speights Law, you get a legal team that:
- Is very familiar with the local courts system, and with higher judicial entities like the Supreme Court of Georgia.
- Never shies away from difficult cases, and isn’t afraid of a court fight.
- Has years of experience defending serious crimes cases before Georgia courts.
- Has a network of local legal peers and consultants who can provide unique insights and support during negotiations.
- Cares about the outcome of your case and the impact these charges have on your family.
- Provides comprehensive support throughout the process.
- Handles everything from simple DUIs to serious crimes like murder.
When you choose Archie Speights and his highly respected criminal defense team, you get a team that cares about cases, cares about outcomes and cares about fighting for your rights.
What a Good Criminal Attorney Can Do for Those Facing Serious Charges
A good criminal defense attorney is one who can:
- Properly and thoroughly assess your case
- Devise a carefully crafted legal strategy and
- Successfully implement that strategy to your greatest advantage
Any weakness, rushing or corner cutting during any of these steps can seriously harm your defense.
An experienced and expert criminal defense attorney will fully investigate the charges and look for things like exonerating evidence, procedural errors and possible violations of your constitutional rights.
And even in the absence of this sort of case-changing evidence, a good criminal defender will work to negotiate a favorable plea bargain or fight to have your charges or sentencing reduced.
That means you need a criminal lawyer who is a good researcher, a good negotiator, a strategic thinker and a persuasive litigator at trial.
Is that enough? Not quite.
Facing criminal charges will likely be one of the worst experiences of your life.
So, you also want to choose a compassionate lawyer who can confidently and non-judgmentally steer you through this difficult and trying legal process.
In Your Corner During the Toughest Challenges
Archie Speights treats his clients with dignity and compassion, and he always brings his best to every case.
A keen legal mind, extensive local and Georgia court experience, and unparalleled dedication are what sets this seasoned litigator truly apart.
Don’t trust your most important decision to just any defense attorney – hire the criminal defense expert Cherokee County has relied on for decades.
“My experience with Archie Speights was phenomenal! I cannot thank him and his staff enough for their amazing job. I highly recommend Speights Law!”
Are You or a Loved One Facing Serious Felony Charges?
Speights Law can help. No matter what the charge, we will fight to win you the best resolution and protect your rights – and your future.
Don’t wait to secure the best legal defense team in Canton, Georgia. Call (770) 575-8646 to set up a consultation with Archie Speights today.
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- University of Mississippi School of Law, December 2000, first in graduating class
- Journal of National Security Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Dean Robert J. Foley Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement (Valedictorian)
- Outstanding Student Award Criminal Law
- Outstanding Student Award Contracts
- S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Law Section
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Blue Ridge Bar Association
Voted by his peers as among the Legal Elite in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine.