Archie Speights is a co-founder and lead criminal law attorney of Speights Law in Cherokee County. He is an experienced criminal defense lawyer who handles an assortment of major felony cases, including murder, sex crimes, aggravated assault, and drug crimes in the state of Georgia.
Archie Speights graduated first in the December class from The University of Mississippi School of Law in 2000. During his time in law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the Journal of National Security Law and was voted among the Legal Elite in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine.
Since he began practicing law in 2001, Archie has represented clients in Cherokee County in a variety of criminal legal matters. He recently represented a client who was facing a mandatory life sentence with a minimum of 25 years in jail for a serious felony of aggravated sexual battery.
After winning in a jury trial, his client was acquitted of any felony conduct. Archie says that the best part of trying this case before a jury and getting an acquittal is that his client now has a well-deserved fresh start with no felony record.
These types of cases have earned Archie Speights a reputation as a well-respected and successful criminal defense attorney in the legal community and amongst his peers.
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- University of Mississippi School of Law, December 2000, first in graduating class
- Journal of National Security Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Dean Robert J. Foley Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement (Valedictorian)
- Outstanding Student Award Criminal Law
- Outstanding Student Award Contracts
- S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Law Section
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Blue Ridge Bar Association
Voted by his peers as among the Legal Elite in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine.